Training & Coaching Services for [not-just-for-profit] Start-ups through Saling2012Ltd.
My key strength is that I love to explore new ways of using my experiences and skills: I have just returned from a coaching visit to Indonesia and enjoyed learning about the context in which a company I mentor, operates.
I am using my academic background of researching, teaching and writing in innovative ways by supporting entrepreneurship and Startups. My passion is to assist others, particularly women, in stepping out and starting new enterprises.
My background is certainly multi-disciplinary and I work in many international settings, from South East Asia, via Europe to East Africa. I have managed teams of experts in diverse contexts including multi-country research projects, NGO interventions, the delivery of primary and maternal health care to refugees and the provision of aviation and logistics support.
My academic work has focused on the employment of migrants, refugees, persons living with disabilities and older workers. I currently work through my own company Saling2012 Ltd.
This is a selection of my publications, more are listed under ‘publications’:
Winkelmann-Gleed, A. (2011) Retirement or committed to work? – conceptualising prolonged labour market participation through organisational commitment. Employee Relations. Vol 34 (1) pp 80-90.
Winkelmann-Gleed, A. (2006) Migrant Nurses, motivation, integration, contribution. ISBN-1 84619 007 X. Radcliffe Medical Press, Oxford. Order your copy
A selection of my work:
- Saling 2012 Ltd. – Research, Business Consultancy, Training & Mentoring: Original research, project evaluations and consultancies as well as workshops, seminars, coaching and mentoring for ‘Not Just for Profit’ businesses in emerging economies and developing countries.
- University of East Anglia: Senior Research Associate MAPS project funded by the Canadian government, investigating social inclusion of adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- London Metropolitan University: Senior Research Fellow and principal investigator on EU projects related to the management of workforce ageing & Demographic change in Europe and migrant employment in the UK.
- For: Partner Aid UK: Consultancies and mentoring linked to start up of social enterprises in developing countries.
- For: MKW Wirtschaftsforschungs GmbH: Expert contribution on Guidance in employer’s age management strategies – Supporting longer working lives of older workers.
- For: European Commission, South East Europe (SEE): Contribution to the TOR for Transnational Programme on migration influenced demographic change and human capital related to economic growth.
- Mission Aviation Fellowship: Personnel & Recruitment Manager in the UK and Programme Manager in Addis Abeba & Djibouti.
- CORD: Health Care Coordinator among Rwandan refugees in Tanzania.
- MEDAIR: Relief and Rehabilitation project in South Sudan.