My key strength is that I love to explore new ways of using my experiences and skills. I am developing my competencies as Researcher, Lecturer and Consultant. Amongst others, I am offering Training & Coaching Services for not [just] for profit Start-ups:
This year I started engaging with three amazing women from three different cultures starting a creative arts business in North Africa! I am assisting in a medical service business which will enable access to good health care by crossing a few international borders…. I was at a coaching visit to Indonesia and enjoyed learning about the context in which a company I mentor there, operates.
Basically, I am applying my academic background of researching, teaching and writing in innovative ways by supporting entrepreneurship and Start-ups at the grassroots level. I love to assist others, particularly women, in stepping out and starting new enterprises.
My background is certainly multi-disciplinary and I work in many international settings, from South East Asia, via Europe to East Africa. I have managed teams of experts in diverse contexts including multi-country research projects, NGO interventions, the delivery of primary and maternal health care to refugees and the provision of aviation and logistics support.
My research work has focused on the employment of migrants, refugees, persons living with disabilities and older workers. I currently work with my husband through our company Saling2012 Ltd.
Here are some of my publications (more are listed under ‘publications’), they give you a flavor of my research work:
Winkelmann-Gleed, A. (2011) Retirement or committed to work? – conceptualising prolonged labour market participation through organisational commitment. Employee Relations. Vol 34 (1) pp 80-90.
Winkelmann-Gleed, A. (2006) Migrant Nurses, motivation, integration, contribution. ISBN-1 84619 007 X. Radcliffe Medical Press, Oxford. Order your copy
A selection of my work:
- University of East Anglia: Senior Research Associate MAPS project funded by the Canadian government, investigating social inclusion of adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- London Metropolitan University: Senior Research Fellow and principal investigator on EU projects related to European workforce ageing & Demographic change and the employment experiences of migrants in the UK.
- For: Partner Aid UK: Consultancies and mentoring linked to start up of social enterprises in developing countries.
- For: MKW Wirtschaftsforschungs GmbH: Expert contribution on Guidance in employer’s age management strategies.
- For: European Commission, South East Europe (SEE): Contribution to TOR – Transnational Programme: migration influenced demographic change and human capital related to economic growth.
- For: ppre Ltd.: for over ten years I have evaluated or contributed to London-based initiatives aimed at marginalised people, for example: assisting vulnerable families; increasing the number of nurses from the Bangladeshi community; integrating Refugee Doctors; mentoring GP practices in East London.
- Mission Aviation Fellowship: Personnel & Recruitment Manager in the UK and Programme Manager Addis Abeba & Djibouti.
- CORD: Health Care Coordinator Rwandan refugees in Tanzania.
- MEDAIR: Relief and Rehabilitation project in South Sudan.